Munro Vehicles, a manufacturer of all-electric 4x4s, and Scotland’s only volume production car company, is set to unveil its first vehicle, the Munro®MK_1 at a global launch event in Edinburgh on 5 December.
- Set to reveal the world’s most capable all-electric 4×4, the Munro MK_1 on 5 December
- Designed and built in Britain, it will be the first vehicle to enter volume production in Scotland in more than four decades
- Unique combination of state-of-the-art electric powertrain and best-in-class mechanical 4×4 driveline
- Exceptional off-road ability and zero tailpipe emissions
- Engineered to enable sectors such as mining, construction, agriculture, forestry, and mountain rescue to decarbonise
Designed, engineered, and built in Britain, the Munro MK_1 will be the world’s most capable all-electric 4×4, born off-road to navigate the most challenging terrain and operating for up to 16 hours on a single battery charge.
The Munro’s prodigious all-terrain ability and advanced all-electric powertrain make it an ideal choice for those seeking to minimise their environmental footprint in numerous sectors including construction, agriculture, mining, forestry, mountain rescue, remote infrastructure maintenance, and leisure without compromising on performance or capability.
Engineered to effortlessly transport a crew of five to the most rugged locations, accommodating an 1000kg payload and 3500kg towing capacity, it represents the ultimate, sustainable, utilitarian, off-road workhorse. Intensely focused on off-highway performance, reliability, ease-of-repair and longevity, the Munro is engineered to provide owners and operators with decades of service.
Munro CEO, Russell Peterson commented: “This early sketch of the Munro MK_1 by our award-winning in-house designer Ross Compton, underlines our design commitment to build an all-terrain electric 4X4 engineered from the wheels up to provide unparalleled workhorse capability for commercial customers looking to decarbonise their fleets. The Munro MK_1 will effortlessly go to places others can’t reach, with bulletproof durability and ultra-low running costs. The Munro team and I can’t wait to show the world the fully finished vehicle on December fifth”.